Bass is definitely one of the coolest instruments on the planet and so much fun to learn! Lessons are tailored to each student's background and musical interests. With younger students we begin by learning to read music, learning about music, and we play simple and fun melodies. For adults we learn using TAB or music notation, we learn about the role of the bass and how to construct bass lines. We cover style studies, rhythm studies, harmony study, developing time feel, and we look at the great bass players in music history and work out what they are doing so well. And of course we learn the bass lines that you want to learn!
Bass Lessons Setup
- Adults: 1 hour lessons $75
- Location: Kidman Street, Coogee, or;
- If you are located within 5 kms I can come to your home
- Some study material may need to be purchased
- You will need your own instrument!
Buying Your First Instrument
It is important that your first instrument is the right fit for you in terms of size and ease of playing. If you haven't bought your instrument yet just shoot me an email and I am happy to give you a recommendation.
Areas of Study on the Bass Guitar
- Easy pop bass lines
- Classic bass lines
- The role of the bass
- Bass line construction
- Great bass lines
- Chord inversions
- Chord substitutions
- Style studies - Rock, Pop, Blues, Soul, Funk, Country, Alternative
- Style study - the great bass players
- Slap bass
- Fills and licks
- Ear training
- Learning by ear